Welcome to the new ‘Teeswide Safeguarding All’ suite of e-learning safeguarding courses in conjunction with Me-Learning.
The Adults & Children Safeguarding Partner Organisations across Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Redcar and Cleveland and Stockton-on-Tees actively support the ‘Think Family’ approach and are committed to the continuous learning and development of all staff and volunteers working with vulnerable people: adults, children, young people and families.
Through this site you will be able to view, select and be given immediate access to a range of e-learning opportunities.
What courses are available?
You can view a list of e-learning courses here: Course Directory (pdf)
What does it cost?
All courses are currently free of charge for staff and volunteers working within the Tees area in Statutory, Voluntary or Not for Profit Organisations. Please note that Commissioned Care Providers, Nurseries, Academies and Independent Schools are not considered as Private / For Profit organisations and can access the e-learning free of charge.
How long will it take?
Course times vary, but take between 30 minutes and 2.45 hours to complete with a short test at the end. If you have passed then you will be able to print a certificate of completion. You do not have to complete the training all at once, you can dip in and out of the module, at work or at home and the system will monitor your progress.
Once you start your e-learning course you have 4 weeks to complete it, therefore we recommend that you only request one course at a time. If you do not complete the course within 4 weeks you or your line manager may be charged for the cost of the course.
How do I access the training?
**Please note that all previous Virtual College e-learning accounts have now been closed. All users will need to register with Me-Learning in order to access the training**
We strongly recommend that you’re using Google Chrome as your browser as this gives the best learning experience for our online courses.
New users to Me-Learning:
- Select the Login or Register Now link below
- Choose the Self Register option.
- You will need to complete a short form with your details. Where options are selected from a drop down list please review all of the options before selecting the most appropriate option.
- The question mark icon next to each field provides guidance on completing the field – please read these to ensure that the form is completed correctly. It is very important that you complete the Care Provider/ Organisation Name box accurately; if you work for a care provider please type in the name of the service e.g. the name of the Care Home rather than the name of your employer/organisation.
- Once you submit the form you will then receive an email containing your username and password (please check in case this goes into your spam/junk folder).
- Enter the details onto the login page – you will be prompted to change your password to something more memorable.
- Once you have logged in you will then be able to select a course using the Course Library option.
If you have already created a Me-Learning account:
- Select the Login or Register Now link below – this will take you to the Me-Learning home page.
- Choose the Login option.
- Enter your username and password.
If you have forgotten your password or need to change details on your account:
- If you have registered previously but forgotten your login details please use the Forgot Your Password option on the login page, or contact us directly using the appropriate email address at the bottom of this page to reset this for you. Please do not create additional user accounts.
- We can also change account details for you, again there is no need to create another account in order to change something.
Once you complete a course you will be returned to the course details page. On here you will need to launch and complete the short evaluation form that is listed underneath the course modules. Once this is completed a certificate will be emailed to you.
You can also access your certificates at any time by selecting the Certificates tab from the menu options once you have logged in to Me-Learning.
You can download this Safeguarding All e-Learning Poster (pdf) to help with the promotion of the courses.
If you have any queries please use the following contact details:
Queries relating to Childrens Courses: [email protected]
Queries relating to Adults courses: [email protected]
Information on how your details will be stored and handled can be found in our Disclaimer & Privacy Statement.