Accessibility Statement for www.tsab.org.uk
1. Using the Website
This website is run by Teeswide Safeguarding Adults Board. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
• change colours, contrast levels and fonts
• zoom in up to 200% without the text spilling off the screen
• view the website using any device e.g. mobile phone, tablet, desktop computer
• navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
• navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
• listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
• use the language translation box at the bottom of the page to change the website in to eight languages (this does not include third-party content like the twitter feed)
• users have the option to decide if they want cookies to be set
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
2. How accessible this website is
Most of this website is compliant with the WCAG 2.1 AA accessibility standard. However, there are some parts that are not fully accessible:
• Most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
• Colour contrast on the website is not fully accessible
• Link text does not always explain what the link is actually for
• Images containing text will be replaced with accessible images. Any text that is vital to the reading of a page will be available for a screen reader to access, any images that have text included will be removed or replaced.
3. What to do if you cannot access parts of the website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
• Email: [email protected]
• Call: 01642 527263
• Alternatively, you can write to us: Teeswide Safeguarding Adults Board, 3rd Floor Kingsway House, Billingham, TS23 2NX
We will consider your request and get back to you within 10 working days.
4. Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we are not meeting accessibility requirements, contact us at [email protected]
5. Enforcement procedure
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you are not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
6. Technical information about this website’s accessibility
The Teeswide Safeguarding Adults Board is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed under section two of this page.
7. Content that is not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
Many of our older PDFs and Word documents do not meet accessibility standards – for example, they may not be structured so that they are accessible to a screen reader. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2 (name, role value).
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they are not essential to providing our services.
When we publish new content we will make sure any PDFs or Word documents are accessible or will use alternate accessible formats.
8. How we tested this website
This website was last tested August 2020. The test was carried out internally using a range of online accessibility reporting tools. This website is tested annually, and any required changes discovered as a result of these tests will be implemented as part of our ongoing website work.
9. What we are doing to improve accessibility
We understand that maintaining an accessible website is an ongoing project and are working to resolve identified accessibility issues which are within our control.
We will regularly monitor the accessibility of the website and ensure our team and web developers keep up to date with the latest accessibility best practice.
We will also ensure that any future systems we purchase adhere to web accessibility guidelines.
This statement was prepared on 01.10.2020. It was last updated on 01.10.2020
10. Non-accessible content
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons:
• PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software, this does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2 . We will ensure that any new documents added are accessible.
• Live video steams caption – we currently do not have any live stream video on our website and therefore do not have any captions. This would fail WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.2.4 (captions – live). We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.