The Safeguarding Adults Review Sub-Group considers regional and national cases and applies and shares the learning within their own organisations. These summaries provide a brief overview of the case and what learning should be considered for the Tees area.
- November 2023 – Durham SAB; Whorlton Hall – themes around organisational abuse, multi-agency working/safeguarding and communication across Local Authority boundaries, independent investigations/scrutiny, supporting people with communication needs and advocacy.
- September 2023 – Sutton SAB; Thematic Review – themes around fire risks. Bromley SAB; Deborah – themes around the impact of Domestic Abuse on Neglect and Self-Neglect.
- July 2023 – Kingston SAB; Ella – themes around Fabricated or Induced Illness. Hampshire SAB; Sam – themes around transition.
- Thematic Analysis of SARs Involving Adult Sexual Exploitation (April 2023)
- January 2023 – Lewisham SAB; Eileen Dean – themes around physical assault, poor understanding of Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome, insufficient risk assessments and information sharing, unsuitable placements.