Outline and Aim of the Event
The Teeswide Safeguarding Adults Board is hosting this event for organisations delivering health and wellbeing related services to adults in Stockton-on-Tees. The emphasis is on using activities, Q&A, discussion, table work, video input and sharing experiences to develop the necessary learning outcomes.
The aim is to help guide professionals who are responsible for leading on adult safeguarding work in their organisations, on how to establish the policies, procedures and overall culture needed to protect adults, and to help build a ‘whole community approach’ to the prevention of adult abuse and neglect.
Who Should Apply for this Event?
- Advocacy Providers
- Alcohol and Substance Misuse Agencies
- Agencies Supporting Carers, and or Personal Assistants
- Dentists Practices
- Education Providers
- GP Practices
- Housing Agencies
- Mental Health Service Providers
- Other Relevant Voluntary and Community Sector Organisations
- Organisations working with Harder to Reach/Marginalised or Minority Groups
- Pharmacy Providers.
- 0900-0925 Registration and Refreshments
- 0930 Start
- Consultation – your views and thoughts
- Overview of the relevant legal framework
- Types of adult abuse and local trends
- The general picture in Stockton-On-Tees and the adults voice
- Awareness of newer forms of abuse and emerging patterns
- 1050-1105 Break
- Responding to abuse and neglect
- Your responsibilities
- Introduction to the Domestic Abuse Strategy in Stockton-on-Tees
- What is your organisational approach now, and what else can you do?
- Action planning and making best use of the available resources (these will be signposted or handed out)
- 1230-1310 Lunch (this will be provided)
- Local cross-sector case studies on developing the appropriate culture in relation to safeguarding adults
- Learning from serious cases – local findings
- Making Safeguarding Personal – how to meet your clients individual needs
- 1420-1435 Break
- Prevention – what is this, and how can you make a difference?
- Local examples of primary prevention in action
- Safeguarding Champions
- Consultation – what are the future priorities?
- Closing remarks and summary
- 1600 – Close
- Lorraine Garbutt, Business Manager – Teeswide Safeguarding Adults Board
- Calum Titley, Team Manager – Adult Safeguarding, Sensory Support and Review Team – Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council
- Tanvir Hussain, Enforcement Officer – Trading Standards – Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council
- Suzanne Mills, Detective Sergeant – Protecting Vulnerable People Unit, Cleveland Police
- Martin Crow, Project Officer – Teeswide Safeguarding Adults Board.
Contributions from local agencies, including the Voluntary and Community Sector.
Requesting a Place
If you would like to request a place, please complete the form below by Friday 15 September. Please note that submitting a form does not guarantee you a place, however we suggest that you provisionally book this date in your diary. Places are limited and allocation will be determined on a number of factors, therefore please ensure that you provide as much detail as possible on the ‘why you want to attend’ section of the form.
We will send confirmation of your place by Monday 18 September. If you are unsuccessful you will be informed and your name will be added to a reserve list.
Please also note that if your organisation delivers services in more than one area across Tees, similar events are being planned covering Hartlepool, Middlesbrough and Redcar & Cleveland.
Charging Policy for Non-Attendance
This event is free, however if your place is confirmed and you are unable to attend you must inform the Business Unit by Sunday 24 September. Cancellation after this date or failure to attend will result in a £50 charge.
If you have any queries please contact the Business Unit: email@example.com