THIS TRAINING SESSION IS FULLY BOOKED
South Tees Adult Safeguarding Learning & Networking Event
Date: Tuesday 20th March 2018
Time: 9am – 4pm
Venue: Inspire 2 Learn, Normanby Road, South Bank, Redcar & Cleveland, TS6 9AE
Outline and Aim of the Event
The Teeswide Safeguarding Adults Board is hosting this event for organisations delivering health and wellbeing related services to adults in South Tees (Middlesbrough and Redcar & Cleveland). The emphasis is on using activities, Q&A, discussion, table work, video input and sharing experiences to develop the necessary learning outcomes.
The aim is to help guide professionals who are responsible for leading on adult safeguarding work in their organisations, on how to establish the policies, procedures and overall culture needed to protect adults, and to help build a ‘whole community approach’ to the prevention of adult abuse and neglect.
Who Should Apply for this Event?
- Advocacy Providers
- Alcohol and Substance Misuse Agencies
- Agencies Supporting Carers, and or Personal Assistants
- Dentists Practices
- Education Providers
- GP Practices
- Housing Agencies
- Mental Health Service Providers
- North East Ambulance Service (NEAS)
- Other Relevant Voluntary and Community Sector Organisations
- Organisations working with Harder to Reach/Marginalised or Minority Groups
- Pharmacy Providers
- Trading Standards
- Sexual Health Service Providers.
- 0900-0925 Registration and Refreshments
- 0930 Start
- Consultation – your views and thoughts
- Quiz: Overview of the Safeguarding framework
- Types of adult abuse and local trends
- The general picture in Middlesbrough and Redcar & Cleveland
- Awareness of newer forms of abuse
- 1050-1105 Break
- Responding to abuse and neglect
- Your responsibilities
- Mental Capacity Act 2005: Assessing Capacity
- Your Agency’s approach
- Action planning and making best use of the available resources (these will be signposted or handed out)
- 1230-1310 Lunch (this will be provided)
- Prevention: What & how?
- Domestic Abuse – Presentations from local speakers
- SCAMS Prevention work – Trading Standards
- 1425-1440 Break
- Modern Slavery – Cleveland Police
- Dementia friendly environments
- Preventing loneliness and isolation
- Safeguarding Champions
- Consultation – what are the future priorities?
- Closing remarks and summary
- 1600 – Close
Requesting a Place
If you would like to request a place, please complete the form below. Please note that submitting a form does not guarantee you a place (if you are completing on behalf of someone else, please ensure to include their email address and not your own/or a generic email address). We suggest that you provisionally book this date in your diary until you receive confirmation. Places are limited and allocation will be determined on a number of factors, therefore please ensure that you provide as much detail as possible on the ‘why you want to attend’ section of the form.
We will send confirmation of your place no later than Thursday 8 March 2018. If you are unsuccessful you will be informed and your name will be added to a reserve list.
Charging Policy for Non-Attendance
This event is free, however if your place is confirmed and you are unable to attend you must inform the Business Unit by Monday 12 March 2018. Cancellation after this date or failure to attend will result in a £50 charge.
If you have any queries please contact the Business Unit: [email protected]