THIS EVENT IS FULLY BOOKED
Hartlepool Adult Safeguarding Learning & Networking Event
Tuesday 6 February 2018
9am – 4pm
Centre for Independent Living, Havelock Street, Hartlepool, TS24 7LT
Outline and Aim of the Event
The Teeswide Safeguarding Adults Board is hosting this event for organisations delivering health and wellbeing related services to adults in Hartlepool.
The aim is to help guide professionals who are responsible for leading on adult safeguarding work in their organisations, on how to establish the policies and overall culture needed to protect adults, and to help build a ‘whole community approach’ to the prevention of adult abuse and neglect.
The intention is to make the day as informal and as interactive as possible, using a Quiz, Q&A, discussion, table work and video input to develop and share good practice.
Who Should Apply for this Event?
- Advocacy Providers
- Alcohol and Substance Misuse Agencies
- Agencies Supporting Carers, and or Personal Assistants
- Dentists Practices
- Post 16 Education Providers
- GP Practices
- Housing Agencies
- Mental Health Service Providers
- Organisations working with Harder to Reach/Marginalised or Minority Groups
- Other Providers of Preventative Services
- Other Relevant Voluntary and Community Sector Organisations
- Pharmacy Providers
- Sexual Health Service Providers.
0900-0925 Registration and Refreshments
- 0930 Start
- Review of the adult safeguarding framework
- The local trends and patterns of reported adult abuse in Hartlepool
- The adults voice in Hartlepool
- Awareness of newer forms of adult abuse
- 1050-1105 Break
- Responding to abuse and neglect – what are your organisational responsibilities?
- What types of adult abuse is your organisation detecting or coming across?
- What is your organisational approach now, and what else can you do?
- Action planning: Making best use of the available resources
- 1230-1310 Lunch (this will be provided)
- Local case studies on developing the appropriate organisational culture
- Making Safeguarding Personal – how to meet your clients individual needs
- Primary prevention – what is this, and how can you make a difference?
- 1420-1435 Break
- Local examples of primary prevention in action
- Primary prevention – developing your approach
- Safeguarding Champions
- Consultation on what you think should be the future priorities in Hartlepool?
- Closing remarks and summary
- 1600 – Close
Requesting a Place
If you would like to request a place, please complete the form below by Friday 12 January. Please note that submitting a form does not guarantee you a place, however we suggest that you provisionally book this date in your diary. Places are limited and allocation will be determined on a number of factors, therefore please ensure that you provide as much detail as possible on the ‘why you want to attend’ section of the form.
We will send confirmation of your place no later than Friday 19 January. If you are unsuccessful you will be informed and your name will be added to a reserve list.
Please also note that if your organisation delivers services in more than one area across Tees, another event for South Tees professionals is scheduled to take place in March 2018 (further details will be published at a later date).
Charging Policy for Non-Attendance
This event is free, however if your place is confirmed and you are unable to attend you must inform the Business Unit by Mon 29 January 2018. Cancellation after this date or failure to attend will result in a £50 charge.
If you have any queries please contact the Business Unit: [email protected]