THIS EVENT IS FULLY BOOKED
To promote close working between partners to prevent adult abuse and neglect.
- Explore the issues and challenges for professionals working with Adults at risk
- Consider the application of the Mental Capacity Act (MCA) in complex cases
- Showcase local initiatives in preventing and minimising abuse
- Consider the impact of abuse on adults at risk
Who Should Apply?
- Front Line Practitioners
- Senior Managers
Although this conference is aimed at adult workers we welcome applications from staff who work in children’s services.
Content and Agenda:
0900-0930: Registration and Refreshments
0930-0945: Welcome and Introductions [Ann Baxter – Independent Chair]
- Aims of the conference
- Setting the scene – local overview
0945-1115: Exploration of professional issues and challenges [Helen Kingston]
- Unwise decisons vs Unacceptable risk
- Decision making in adult safguarding
- Balancing right for self-determination with duty to manage risk
- Whose decision is it anyway?
- Case Study and table work
- ECINS [Denise Holian – Cleveland Police]
- Team Around the Individual [TBC]
- Complex Needs Case Conference [Rachel Beard – Middlesbrough Borough Council]
- Community Engagement [Edward Kunonga – Middlesbrough Public Health]
1245-1330: Lunch [Provided]
1330-1415: Mental Capacity Act and Recent Thinking [Professor Suzy Braye]
- Safeguarding Adult Reviews
- Complex Lifestyles
1415-1615: Adult’s Perspective [AftaThought]
- Drama presentation
1615-1630: Summary and Closing Remarks
Requesting a Place:
If you would like to submit your interest, please complete the form below by Friday 25th May 2018 – one form per person is required (if you are completing on behalf of someone else, please ensure to include their email address and not your own/or a generic email address). Please note that submitting a form does not guarantee a place, however we suggest that you provisionally book this date in your diary.
TSAB events are usually oversubscribed and therefore allocation of places will be determined by a number of factors. Please ensure that you provide as much detail as possible on the ‘why you want to attend’ section of the form.
If you are unsuccessful your name may be added to a reserve list. We will send confirmation either way by Friday 1 June. If you have any queries please contact [email protected]