** We are not currently taking any further bookings for this event **
Facilitated by Talking Life
The webinar will be hosted on Microsoft Teams. Before applying for a place please ensure that you have the ability to access Teams from a desktop or mobile device.
This course will focus on the following elements:-
- What does adult safeguarding entail?
- What is Making Safeguarding Personal?
- Adult Sexual Exploitation (ASE) – What does the law say in relation to sexual offences exercise? What is sexual? What is consent? How do we prove ‘criminal intent’? Introduction to sexual offences act 2003 Mental Capacity Act and Consent
- Adult Criminal Exploitation (ACE) – What crimes can be committed on, and/or get vulnerable adults to commit? Why would a criminal use a vulnerable adult? What do these terms mean, Catfished? Cuckooed? Gaslighted? Survival sex?
- Offending behaviour explored and explained.
- Risk assessment for both ACE and ASE
- Agency practice and responsibilities
- Questioning techniques for vulnerable adults
- Delegates will understand what Adult Sexual and Adult Criminal Exploitation is
- Delegates will understand what sexual offences are and how they are committed on the vulnerable adult
- Delegates will understand the range of crimes vulnerable adults are forced to carry out during exploitation
- Delegates will have a basic understanding of offending behaviour and how they groom the vulnerable adult into criminal and sexual activities
- Delegates will understand the crimes committed against the vulnerable adult
- Delegates will understand the multi-agency roles within ASE and ACE
- Delegates will know how to question vulnerable adults
Who Should Apply:
The course is aimed at adult social care staff and multi agency workers
Requesting a Place:
If you would like to request a place, please complete the form below – one form per person is required. Please note that submitting a form does not guarantee a place, however we suggest that you provisionally book the date in your diary. Our training sessions are usually oversubscribed and therefore allocation of places will be determined by a number of factors. Please ensure that you provide as much detail as possible on the ‘why you want to attend’ section of the form.
If you are unsuccessful we may be able to offer you an alternative training date or your name may be added to a reserve list.
Existing Users: If you have used the website before to apply for a place then you will have an existing user account. Please select the log-in option at the top of the form to request a place before completing all the fields, otherwise you will be unable to submit the form when you get to the end.
New Users: If this is the first time you have requested a place on training via our website then please complete the form to request a place. You will receive an email from ‘WordPress’ which will explain how to set up your password to enable you to access your account in the future. (The email may appear in your junk folder). Please do not use a generic email address – accounts should be set up using an individual email.
Charging Policy for Non-Attendance:
Our courses are free to attend, however we do limit the number of places that we offer to ensure that all delegates have the opportunity to participate during the session, so if your place is confirmed and you are no longer able to attend please inform the Business Unit by email as soon as possible so that we have the chance to offer your place to another delegate . Any cancellations must be received by email no later than 11.30pm on Tuesday 20th June 2023. Cancellation after this date or failure to attend may result in a £50 charge.
Disclaimer and Privacy Statement
We will hold the information you provide in order to administrate and deliver these activities. Details can be found on TSAB’s Disclaimer & Privacy Statement
If you have any queries please contact the Business Unit at [email protected]